Wednesday, November 11, 2015

One Broken Warm November Friday & Open House

Last Friday I left the house to run some errands, including mailing my "broken" new camera to the repair shop.  I bought the camera back at the end of August because my old one was not working right.  It would not focus, and I kept getting a lens error.  Then I bought this one, and there is a black shadow in the  left bottom corner of my pictures!  Seriously??  Anyway,  when I stopped at the stoplight downtown, a homeless man banged on my window.  I figured that he was going to ask for money or something, so I ignored him.  After the 3rd time, I finally opened my window, and he said," Mam, you have a flat tire"!  I remembered hitting a big pot hole the day before, so I said, thank you, and  prayed my way to Eddie's Tire.  I walked in and the man said,"  I know your problem!!"




  Of course,  the tire had a nail in it and it had punched a big hole in it from hitting the pot hole so I had to get a new tire.  Then, he said, over  here, on your left front tire, your rim is bent and the tire is bulging out from it! Yikes! Something else is "Broken".  He said, I can get you one for $200, (NOT) or you can go to the dealership and it costs $600, (Definitely NOT) or go to the salvage yard and get if for about $80.  Of course I was going to choose the 3rd option.  So that morning I was on my way to mail my new camera in for repair, and get a flat tire and a bent rim on my car.  This day just couldn't get any better! Ha!
 Anyway, after paying $80 for a new tire, I was on  my way to the post office, to mail my camera and I got down the street and there in front of my bank was Santa Claus??  I was a little confused,  because first of all it was only Nov. 6, and it was also 70 degrees outside, and now Santa is standing on the corner waving at everyone??  What a crazy mixed up warm November day.
On a good note, I went to the salvage yard on Monday , got my tire rim and had Eddie's tire replace it.  Also, I just got a phone call that my new camera had been fixed and it was being shipped back to me today!! So I will have it before Open House next week. 

My Open House begins a week from tomorrow, and I am getting excited.  I keep thinking of new items to make but obviously won't have time to finish them all.  I plan to have door prizes every day, hot cider and other snacks, and lots of great sales.  I am having a clearance sale on lots of items including some pillows for 50% off!   I will have lots of kids' items including tooth fairy pillows, kids aprons, ( toddler & children's ), kid's pillows, backpacks, and girl's handbags. I also will have some  NFL pillows and a few other sports team items.  Check out the " Blondie" apron below!! ( Note: these pics were taken with my old camera so not the best focus!) 

I will also have holiday place mats, table runners, lots of tote bags, make up bags, etc.  I am making lots of small drawstring bags and a few larger gift bags.  The drawstring bags are great for candy, jewelry, small toys, note pads, etc. I did a rough count of over 250 items that I will have for sale and making new items every day!   I will be posting more pictures of new items on my Facebook event page:  to see more items pictured go to this link: 

 https://www.facebook.com/events/1711440509084515/

 
 

 www.etsy.com/shop/beckyspillowshop

No comments: