Monday, November 4, 2013

A Painful Malady, The Sewing Recluse, & A Car Show






I haven't blogged in a while and for good reason.  I have been locked up in my house for 11 days, like a hermit, a recluse, going out  only to get groceries.   You see I have been very busy sewing, but not as much as I wanted to because my body was saying NO! Stop!  I have had the dreaded painful virus that is almost debilitating, and feels like "piercing needles of the skin"!! No Fun! I haven't been out because I knew it could be contagious,plus I did't feel like it anyway.    Most of this pain was either on my side or on my back and shooting down into my left leg all the way to my knee.  Back pain is not new to me as I have had my share, but this was something different!  It was very painful, and the only thing to relieve it  was an ice pack! Fortunately, I was able to find an e-book online on how to cure it in 3 days. I was a little bit hesitant, but so glad I purchased it as it is  working.  Lots of bath soaking, (20 minutes each time & 3 times  a day), and I feel like I'm am turning into a prune. Ha  ha ! Soaking in apple cider vinegar, baking soda, & an herb called neems. Who knew? Something as common as apple cider vinegar ( Braggs raw organic) or baking soda (organic without aluminum) would help cure it??  I am just finishing the 3rd day,  not 100 % but, am feeling much better! Anyway, when I was feeling up to it, I was sewing aprons, adult and toddler to  match aprons, children's aprons, bags, & more bags. I've been getting ready for the Holiday Blitz at the Martinsburg Mall that starts this Saturday.  There will also be a car show going on at the mall as well, so  it's going to be crowded for the vendors.  This weekend I will focus on " men's" items, and  will have 1 " Classic cars" pillow,  and a tote bag to match & carry it in! See photos.  I also will have NFL team pillows, such as Redskins, Ravens, Cowboys, & Steelers.  I am planning to be there all day Saturday & Sunday afternoon, as long as I'm  feeling  up to it, so come check it out.  This is only the 1st weekend of the Holiday Blitz.  It will be most every weekend , Fri- Sunday, through Christmas. I plan to be there as much as possible. 

To see my newest aprons and bags, go to https://www.facebook.com/beckyspillowshop/ 

No comments: